10 of the best places to get delicious vegan food in Bath4 December 2017
Bath is a foodie’s heaven, boasting gourmet restaurants, a thriving street food scene and a host of independent eateries and delis serving the very best local produce. As you’d expect in such a creative culinary city, there’s something for everyone. If you’re seeking vegan food in Bath, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
Here’s our roundup of 10 the best vegan restaurants Bath has to offer, along with cafes, delis and more:
- The Green Rocket Bath. This award-winning vegetarian café prides itself on an extensive vegan and gluten-free menu – covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. It has fabulous coffee too! You’ll find The Green Rocket on the corner of North Parade and Pierrepont Street.
- Acorn. The Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen Bath on North Parade Passage is another award-winner, voted Best Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant 2016 by Viva. This cosy bistro serves carefully crafted plant-based delights and has a knockout cocktail menu to boot.
- Beyond the Kale. Known for its incredible salads and range of healthy, delicious dishes, this Green Park Station restaurant offers a chilled-out place to dine after a turn around the city centre, and perfect for Bath Christmas markets shoppers as it’s only a short walk away.
- Chapel Arts Café. This creative, vibrant café is known for its vegan offering, including soups, tarts, cakes and tortillas. As well as serving up some of the best vegan food in Bath, the café is also a gallery space for local artists. Find it on Lower Borough Walls, close to our Hot Bath apartment.
- Cascara. An independent eatery on Higher Borough Walls, Cascara is one of the top picks for vegan food by the Happy Cow Bath, respected vegan restaurant and health food store guide. Serving gluten free cakes, organic juices and plenty of vegan snacks and dishes, everything at Cascara is made in house.
- Chai Walla. An Indian street food specialist serving vegetarian and vegan chaat, samosas, onion bhaji wraps and lots more, this tiny venue doesn’t offer any seating but all dishes are ideal to take away – or you can sit in the square opposite the Monmouth Street eatery.
- Nourish. Based on London Road and formerly known as The Beaufort, this is one of the newest vegan restaurants Bath foodies have seen pop up this year. The newly refurbished space is bright and modern, with a relaxed atmosphere and a 100% vegan menu.
- Bath Christmas markets. The German-style markets may be known for their meaty bratwurst, but there are plenty of vegan treats on offer too until 10th December. Top picks include vegan sausages from the Green Park Brasserie chalet, and Adam’s Raw Chocolate for those with a sweet tooth.
- Indian Temptation. This High Street restaurant is vegetarian, but also has its own dedicated vegan menu along with some lovely organic wine – well worth a visit if you love south Indian cuisine.
- Harvest Natural Foods. If you fancy whipping up some vegan delicacies of your own, head to Harvest on Walcot Street to pick up your ingredients.