Valentine’s Day in Bath – 10 romantic date ideas15th January 2016
Valentine’s Day 2016 is creeping up on us fast, so now is definitely the time start planning a romantic surprise.
If you live near Bath or fancy a weekend away (luckily, Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend this year), you’re in luck – there are loads of fascinating, fun, romantic, relaxing and delicious things to do in this multi-faceted city.
Here’s our pick of the best Valentine’s Day date ideas in Bath:
- An arm-in-arm stroll around Bath Artisan Market. This vibrant market, held on the second Sunday of the month, has over 70 craft, vintage and food stalls to explore together, making for a fantastic few hours.
- Making your own Valentine’s truffles. The Fountain Buildings in the heart of Bath is holding a special chocolate truffle making workshop with Frances Cooley on 13th Why not go together and make each other’s chocolatey gifts, as well as sneaking a few taste tests beforehand?
- A classic – the romantic dinner. Bath is bursting with delicious and romantic candle-lit restaurants and eateries, from Sotto Sotto and its Italian cuisine to Green Park Brasserie with its live jazz and swing bands. Take your pick!
- A relaxing, pampering spa break. Bath is the home of the spa break, and there are lots of pampering paradises to choose from. See the sunset from an open air rooftop pool atop the Thermae Bath Spa, one of the most popular attractions in the city, or splash out on the ‘Romantic Hideaway’ package at the magnificent Royal Crescent Hotel. If you fancy simply making use of the spa, you can stay in a luxurious and private Bath Holiday Rentals property just a few metres away and pop in at your leisure.
- A taste of history on a walking tour. If you’re new to Bath, what better way to explore the city and discover its secrets than hand-in-hand with your loved one on a guided walking tour, followed by an excellent lunch.
- A narrowboat cruise. A walking tour isn’t the only way to see the wonders of the city, and there’s something so romantic about taking to the water on a narrowboat cruise. Hop aboard a scheduled cruise from Pulteney Bridge, or be brave and charter your own!
- More shopping! Bath is blessed with a wealth of independent, boutique shops, perfect for whiling away a pleasant few hours with a loved one. Make sure to visit Bath’s Artisan Quarter, Walcot Village, and perhaps add some extra sparkle to the date with a trip to a couple of the city’s irresistible jewellery shops.
- Take the Bizarre Bath Tour. If you want to see a completely different side to Bath on your date, the hysterical, eccentric Bizarre Bath tour will have you both in stitches!
- Visit the Victoria Art Gallery. This free gallery houses beautiful works of art from Gainsborough and more, giving you loads to talk about and admire on your date.
- Grab some fish and chips. Sometimes, the simplest things can be the best. Head to the 50-year-old Seafoods Fish and Chips and set the world to rights together over these scrumptious British classics.
If you need somewhere just a little bit special to stay for your romantic Valentine’s weekend, Bath Holiday Rentals has over 50 charming and luxurious properties to choose from in and around the city centre.