Ford Farm BarnsKey features
- Luxury converted farm on the edge of the Cotswolds that sleeps 21, or 23 with toddler floor beds (small children only)
- Accommodation split over two properties located side by side on a picturesque courtyard
- The Farmhouse sleeps 13 (plus 2 toddlers) across 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (two en-suite)
- The Coach House sleeps 8 across 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (two en-suite)
- Family friendly with high chairs, cots and stair gates all available on request
- Dining table in the Garden Room comfortably seats 24
- Well equipped kitchens suited for large groups
- Games room with English pool table
- Private gardens with sheltered patio and bbq
- Heated swimming pool with child safe cover (private use and open May to September inclusive)
- Tennis court (hard court) with rackets and balls provided
- Lawn games
- Pet friendly up to 5 dogs - Dogs are welcome at a charge of £30 per week per dog or part thereof
- Parking for 16 cars
- WiFi throughout with download speeds of 100-150mbps and upload speeds of 10-20 mbps
- All rooms can sleep 2 in their own beds
Ford Farm Barns is perfectly suited to large gatherings of friends, families or colleagues - take a dip in the heated pool (Please note the swimming pool is heated by an air source heat pump. This means that in May and September the pool may be slightly cooler than usual if we experience particularly cold weather.), play some tennis, set up an outdoor game of croquet or simply enjoy some long al fresco lunches on the sheltered terrace. The large and established gardens provide the opportunity for some peace and quiet or bring your wellies and explore the local countryside with walks straight from your door.
The garden room in the Farmhouse seats 24 around its large table, allowing your whole party to gather in one place. This light-filled room acts as the perfect focal point for your stay, with triple doors leading directly to the swimming pool to one side and the sheltered courtyard on the other. You can even hook your laptop up to a 2 metre projector screen, allowing you to entertain your friends, host meetings, or simply keep an eye on important sporting events whilst you splash around in the pool outside.
Just down the corridor you’ll find the Farmhouse kitchen which is generously equipped to ensure the comfort of our larger groups; the large Aga is supplemented with an electric hob/oven and there are two fridges, two dishwashers, a walk-in larder, a butler’s pantry and a commercial ice machine.
Venturing further into the extensive Farmhouse you will be able to challenge your friends to a game of pool in the games room. Or settle down in front of an open fire in the lounge, where the 48" smart TV is accompanied by a DVD player, sound bar and access to Netflix.
If you want to escape the hustle and bustle for a while, then retreat to the Coach House. This beautiful barn conversion has open plan living, sofas set around a wood burner and large sliding doors leading straight onto a private courtyard garden.
The two properties sleep 21 adults (or 23 if you use the toddler floor beds) across ten bedrooms, giving the space you need for a comfortable get-away. Three of the rooms are en-suite and there are four large family bathrooms.
In the Farmhouse (sleeps 13) you will find 5 bedrooms on the first floor and one on the ground floor. The bedrooms are named after trees found in and around Ford Farm Barns:
- Beech bedroom and Birch bedroom – sit at the front of the house and share a large family bathroom with free-standing bath and separate shower. These bedrooms each have a superking bed (or 2 singles if preferred) and have plenty of space if you want to make use of the optional toddler floor beds ). Both bedrooms also benefit from their own wash basin.
- Ash bedroom – en-suite with bath (shower over). The superking bed can be split to become 2 singles if preferred.
- Willow bedroom and Walnut bedroom – sit at the rear of the house, overlooking the swimming pool. They share a family bathroom with bath and separate shower.Walnut has a superking bed (or 2 singles if preferred) whilst Willow houses our bunk bed for three (a double on the bottom with a single above).
- Oak Bedroom - is on the ground floor adjacent to the garden room. This has a beautiful en suite bathroom with a roll top bath and a separate shower. The bed can be either a superking or a twin.
The four bedrooms in the Coach House (sleeps 8) are on the ground floor and enjoy the wooden beams and vaulted ceilings of the original barn. Each has a superking bed (or 2 singles if preferred). The bedrooms are named after the arable crops found in the surrounding countryside:
- Wheat bedroom – the largest bedroom with its own door straight into the garden and an en-suite bathroom with bath (shower over).
- Oats bedroom – en-suite with shower.
- Barley bedroom and Maize bedroom – share a large family bathroom with free-standing bath and separate shower.
Both properties also have further WCs and their own utility rooms with washing machine and separate dryer for your use.
The Farmhouse and Coach House are two of four properties at Ford Farm Barns, a family run business. In addition, there are two residential properties, one belonging to the Owners.
- Welcome pack
- Linens and towels
- Weekly clean (min 11 night stay)
- Weekly linen change (min 11 night stay)
- Free internet access
- All utilities (except telephone charges)
Activities & Amenities | The surrounding area
There are lots of activities near Ford Farm Barns for you to enjoy. Wendy from Zest
concierge (via Bath Holiday Rentals) can organise horse trekking, archery, clay pigeon
shooting, fishing, nature farm and history walks. Or enjoy a more relaxing activity right here
at Ford Farm Barns by booking one of our many local businesses; from massages to art
parties there are plenty of options to suit you.
Having lived at Ford Farm Barns for many years some suggestions from the Owners include:
A public footpath touches the boundary of our land at Ford Farm, providing walks straight
from your front door (bring your wellies – it gets muddy!). You will find a local OS map in
your property and we are happy to suggest routes – you can take a light stroll into our local
village (where you will find a great pub), a short walk across to the clubhouse at Cumberwell
Park Golf Club or go further afield to explore the surrounding countryside.
Cumberwell Park Golf Club adjoins our land and they have five 9 hole courses for you to
There are lots of activities available on both the canal and the river in Bradford-on-Avon.
Stand up paddle boarding and kayaking are favourites (Wiltshire Outdoor Learning Team is
just one of many organisations running this).
A nice way to get to Bath is to hire a bike and cycle along the tow path from Bradford-on-
Avon. For a more sedate experience you could hire a canal boat for the day.
Rushylane Fisheries is next door (pre-booking required).
You will find that Bradford on Avon supplies most day-to-day items, including a chemist and
a Co-op in the town centre. There is a large Sainsbury’s supermarket on the southern side of
For a more local purchase you can pop across the fields and pick up freshly laid eggs from
our neighbours at Home Farm. Just take the footpath towards South Wraxall and you will
spot them as you enter the village – there is a supply of fresh eggs and an honesty box in
Food and drink
There are lots of great places to try out within the local area. We have shared just a few of
The Longs Arms (in Upper South Wraxall – 1 mile walk over the fields) and The George (in
Bradford-of-Avon) are family favourites of ours; both are great for lunch and dinner. The
Pear Tree Inn (in Whitley), Bathampton Mill (in Bathampton) and The Inn at Freshford are
also good choices.
Merkins Farm Café (in Bradford Leigh – 1 mile walk over fields) is a nice lunch or cake spot.
Alternatively, you could head over to Hartley Farm Shop & Kitchen (in Winsley) for lunch in
their barn – they also have a small kids play area.
In Bradford-on-Avon you’ll find plenty of options for lunch, including Il Fiume, Timbrell’s
Yard and the Canal Tavern. For an evening meal you could try out Ravello or The Bunch of
Bradford-on-Avon is just down the road and is a picturesque town with the River Avon
flowing through its centre. There are small shops, cafes and restaurants to visit. Or head
down to the river for a picnic, a look at the Tithe Barn and a walk along the canal.
www.bradfordonavon.co.uk provides information and ideas.
The Georgian city of Bath is only 8 miles away (13 minutes by train from Bradford on Avon)
and has many historic venues to visit including the Roman Baths, The Royal Crescent, Bath
Abbey and the Assembly rooms. Bath is full of great shops, restaurants, bars, cafes,
museums, galleries and theatres. www.visitbath.co.uk provides guidance and will also let
you know the special events taking place whilst you are here.
There are plenty of National Trust houses and gardens near Ford Farm Barns – The Courts
Gardens, Chalfield Manor, Lacock Abbey and Dyrham Park are our nearest. Or if you prefer
an English Heritage site then Farleigh Hungerford Castle is another option.
Longleat is about 30 minutes drive away and offers a safari park, house and gardens. They
also hold lots of events throughout the year, including their excellent Christmas light
display. A day out at Stonehenge, Stourhead or Cheddar Gorge is also good fun - all are less
than an hour away by car.
If you prefer to combine a walk with something to see, then a trip up to the iron age hill fort
of Bratton Camp (English Heritage) provides great views and an up-close look at the white
horse on the hillside. Or a walk along the Caen Hill Locks is another picturesque and
Kids play areas
If you want to give the kids a change of scene then there are plenty of playgrounds nearby.
The closest is at Sladesbrook Park (1.5 miles), or you can go into the centre of Bradford-on-
Avon to explore the two playgrounds near the Tithe Barn (one is good for smaller children,
whilst the other suits a slightly older gang).
There are other village play areas around (for example in Holt and next to the sports centre
in Corsham) or you could go slightly further (5 miles) to a larger play area in King George V
Park in Melksham (where they have playgrounds, a splash zone and a skate park).
Hope Nature Centre (6 miles, entry fee) is a good trip out as it combines farm animals, lots
of play areas and a café.
If you prefer something more natural, the woodland at Brown’s Folly (Monkton Farleigh) is
fun to explore.
|Twin Bedrooms or Double:||10|
|Family Bedroom:||1- bunk bed sleeping 3|
|Weekly Price:||£5465.00 - 11210.00|
|Short Break from:||Loading pricing|
- Tennis Court
- Smart TV
- Heated Swimming pool
- High Speed Broadband
- Hair Dryer
- Digital radio, bluetooth enabled
- Netflix movies
- TV & DVD
- FF Kitchen
- Garden Furniture
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Games Room
- Outdoor Games
- Blue Ray Player
Floor Plans & Access Statements
You can download floor plan and access statements for this property from the links below.Floor Plan
I wanted to thank you personally for our holiday, which couldn't have been better.
As a family of 17 people with dogs, it is not easy to find suitable properties, and it was always my job, even though you have dealt mainly with my sister.
I could easily say that I have seen it all and tried many within that price range, in the UK and other countries as well. We have been doing this for more than 10 years now.
Your place has exceeded expectations and was crowned by everyone as the best one we have had.
The tour you gave me when we came was very welcoming and I felt in good hands.
I'd say that on top of the obvious, one of the best things about the place is how everything is given in abundance and there is a strong sense of plenitude.
Best of luck with renting it out. We will definitely come back and recommend it to others. Many of our friends are looking for similar properties and will appreciate it.
Everyone loved the accommodation, which is tastefully decorated and very well equipped, with everything you need for a large group.
The facilities are amazing - there is plenty of space and lots of things to do without even leaving the property. We made good use of the tennis court and the pool table; the swimming pool was a particular highlight - even pool towels are provided. The generous welcome package was much appreciated too.
In a word, superb.
We've already recommended Ford Farm Barns to friends and hope to come back in the future.
Chargeable Services Available
- Additional cleaning, £36 per 2 hours
- Additional linen changes £36 per bedroom
- Admin fee
- High Chair
- Travel Cot (Sheet/bedding not included - Please note, base mattress is a standard thin travel cot mattress)