Bath Holiday Rentals Ltd understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website, websites we advertise on, direct on the phone and any future digital services or channels as they evolve.
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party: - Names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address of the person booking and guests names;
- Credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date).
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements.
- Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs)
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you make a booking direct with us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you speak to any of our team
What will we do with it?
- We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
- We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements. We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
- Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, billing postcode, your address and other related information. This information is required and necessary for the performance of our contract with you. We do not have sight of the complete card number or CVV code at any time, but this will be held securely by our merchant provider. Should you choose to not pay via the secure site and choose to provide these details to us over the telephone for us to manually do the payment then all card details are destroyed following the successful transaction.
- We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
- We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
- We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business, risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at Bath Holiday Rentals Ltd, 5 Argyle Street, Bath, BA2 4BA or by email at [email protected]
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Subscribers can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications when booking direct with Bath Holiday Rentals. Email us at [email protected] to unsubscribe.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.