Valentine’s Day in Bath – 8 romantic things to do in the city14th February 2018
It’s nearly here! Valentine’s Day in Bath is just a few short days away, but there’s still time to plan a romantic treat or surprise for that special someone. Bath is the perfect place to do it, as the city has recently been nominated in a TripAdvisor poll as one of the most romantic places in the UK to have a city break. Here are 8 of the most romantic things to do in Bath:
- Picnic in the park. Royal Victoria Park is one of the most beautiful spots in the city, so perfect for a stroll and a picnic – although you will need to wrap up warm! It’s also close to the famous Royal Crescent, so there’s a chance to do a spot of sight–seeing at the same time.
- A romantic weekend in Bath at a boutique Georgian apartment. Bath is unique in that it has a wealth of authentic Georgian apartments to choose from, so the perfect setting for a romantic break. Take a look at our range of beautifully decorated, city centre self-catering apartments in Bath – act fast to snap one up.
- An ultra-pampering spa day. Bath is the unofficial spa capital of the UK, with a history of spa culture going back to Roman times – which is why taking a stroll around the ancient Roman Baths is a great way to start your romantic spa day. Choose from countless spa packages all over the city, from extravagant five-star hotels to quirky, independent boutique spas.
- A foodie walking tour. Bath has every kind of walking tour you can imagine available for visitors eager to learn more about the city, including a number of great options for foodies. Stroll hand in hand through the city, enjoying a gastronomic tour of Bath’s amazing food, with either the Savouring Bath or Bath Edible Adventures walking tours.
- A private tour and photoshoot. To really make Valentine’s Day in Bath special, why not step things up a level and enjoy a private walking tour? Signature Bath Tours can create a tailor-made perfect day out just for the two of you, including a photoshoot to mark the occasion.
- Explore the hidden gardens of Bath. Looking for a unique, intimate experience this Valentine’s Day? Join a half or full day tour of Bath’s diverse range of beautiful hidden gardens, which include either afternoon tea or a home-cooked two course lunch to share.
- The perfect Valentine’s Day dinner. Fantastic restaurants in Bath are plentiful, but our top picks (if you can get a table) are Sotto Sotto, Bistrot Pierre, Green Park Brasserie and La Perla.
- Horse drawn carriage rides in Bath. It may not be cheap, and some would think it a cliché, but a horse drawn carriage ride – available from Courtyard Carriages or Experience Bath – complete with champagne will always impress.
If this Valentine’s Day is the day you pop that all-important question, the Palladian Bridge in Bath’s Prior Park is the perfect spot.