Fun and games for kids in Bath for 20223rd September 2021
Many of Bath Holiday Rentals’ large properties are ideal for the whole family to enjoy a fun and relaxing break in Bath, including the kids. But while you laze away the days in the Thermae Bath Spa or shop ‘til you drop in the city’s famous Artisan Quarter, what is there to entertain the kids?
You’re in luck, because Bath is bursting at the seams with child and family-friendly activities. Here’s our pick of the best:
- Bath City Farm. This family-friendly farm spans 37 acres and is decades old. There’s lots to see and do, and lots of new animal friends to say hello to! With a farm shop, toddler play space, nature trail, outdoor performances and even a Saturday kids club, there’s something for everyone.
- Curious About Bath. These walking tours give kids the chance to see Bath in a completely different light. They may moan about walking, but they’ll soon be immersed in the interactive tour, being entertained, spotting landmarks and following clues wherever they go.
- The Holbourne Museum. This isn’t your typical museum, as it’s known for being a hands-on family friendly day out. It boasts loads of activities, from children’s workshops, sensory exploration and even an animal trail.
- Bath Boating Station. If you visit Bath in spring or summer, make a beeline with the kids for the Boating Station where you can hire canoes or kayaks and punt down the river spotting herons, otters and more as you go.
- The children’s audio tour at The Roman Baths. If you’re dying to visit the Roman Baths, one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions, but you’re worried about the kids being bored, never fear. The Baths now has its own audio tour for kids, which is bound to engross and entertain in equal measure.
- Cycling along the canal. If the weather’s right, your children will leap at the chance to cycle along the canal – bikes are available to hire from the Canal Visitor Centre.
- Egg Theatre. This unique theatre is just for kids (plus their families), with an egg-ceptional year-round programme of fun, interactive shows and performances for all the family.
- Southide Hub Kidzone. Who doesn’t love a good ball pit? The kids will go crazy for this one, located in an ideal all-weather play space with free soft play for the little ones. For older children and teens, there are new basketball facilities, computers and a young person’s gym.
- Bath Aqua Theatre of Glass. Adults and children alike will be fascinated by the goings-on at this unique working museum, where skilled glass-blowers hone their craft and everyone gets to have a go during taster days and courses.
- Royal Victoria Park. Sometimes, the kids just want to run wild in a big, green, open space. The perfect place for it in Bath is Royal Victoria Park, which also has family-friendly features such as zip wires, climbing frames and a mini golf course.