A look ahead to what’s on in Bath in 20165th January 2016
If you haven’t yet visited the unique city of Bath, 2016 could be the perfect year to take the plunge. Not only is Bath very well-connected and full of beautiful period properties and luxury Bath holiday rentals to stay in, but there’s lots going on too.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s on in Bath in 2016:
- January Party Night at the Roman Baths and Pump Room. If you’ve got any energy left after the exertions of New Year’s Eve, head to this iconic Bath landmark on 9th January for a sparkling drinks reception, a 3-course meal in The Pump Room and a live band headed by Vince Freeman, a finalist on the BBC’s The Voice.
- Tai Chi on the Terrace. If you fancy trying something new, and in an incredible location with fantastic views of Bath city centre, pop up to the roof of the majestic Roman Baths by 8am on any day between 12th January and 15th March 2016 for a session of Tai Chi led by an expert.
- The Bath Digital Festival. Bath is known for its festivals, but one of the most unique is a week-long celebration of local digital industries. If you have an interest in digital tech, you’ll be fascinated by the talks, workshops and social events going on across the city between 12th and 19th February, with over 120 hours of content on offer.
- Bath Literature Festival. This much-loved festival is back for its 21st year at various city centre venues between 26th February and 6th March, including special guests Dom Joly, Alice Roberts, Vince Cable, Tracey Chevalier, John Suchet and Joan Bakewell.
- Bath Comedy Festival. In yet another incredible Bath festival, get ready to chuckle your socks off between 1st and 10th There are over 100 events in the programme, including the first ever Kids Comedy Festival and the very best in local comedic talent.
- Grayson Perry at the Victoria Art Gallery. Until 10th April, you can catch ‘The Vanity of Small Differences’, an exhibition of six very large tapestries made as part of the BAFTA award-winning Channel 4 series All in the Best Possible Taste.
- Bath International Music Festival. There really are too many fantastic events to mention in this world-famous, 10-day music festival, including BBC Young Musician 2012 Laura van de Heijden and the European Union Chamber Orchestra. It all starts on 20th May in venues around the city.
- Bike Bath. One for sporting enthusiasts, this organised group cycle is back for its fourth successful year, taking place on 3rd July 2016.
- The Jane Austen Festival. Bath loves to celebrate one of its most famous historical residents, and the festival in the Jane Austen Centre on 9th – 18th September is the ideal opportunity to do just that. Join in the fun with walks, talks, dances and bonnet making, all in your best period costume of course.
If you need anywhere to stay during any of these amazing events, Bath Holiday Rentals has a wide variety of luxurious ‘home from home’ properties spread throughout the city.