2015’s Great Bath Feast to have an Alice in Wonderland theme28 August 2015
Hardly a week goes by in Bath without another fantastic event taking place, which is why so many flock here and stay in Bath holiday rentals year after year. This October, it’s the turn of the Great Bath Feast 2015, and organisers have just announced that it will have an Alice in Wonderland theme to mark the 150th anniversary of the much-loved novel’s publication.
This delicious sounding month-long food festival kicks off on 1st October 2015 with a series of exciting events that will have foodies drooling. It all starts with the After-Dark Mad Hatter’s Masquerade Dinner on October 2nd, an adults-only evening of fine dining. Held in the magnificent Bath Masonic Lodge, one of the oldest of its kind in England, the dinner boasts a sumptuous five-course tasting menu designed by some of the region’s top chefs.
Other Feast highlights include:
- Bath’s Holburne Museum transformed into a Gin Palace, where visitors can learn about the history of this popular juniper-infused spirit and of course, indulge their taste buds with a tasting session of the South-West’s finest gins. If you like a tipple yourself and you’re planning on spending some time at the Gin Palace, make sure you stay at the nearby Sydney Place or Sydney Mews, both Bath holiday rentals within staggering distance of the museum!
- Cheese heaven at the ‘Blessed are the Cheesemakers’ festival. No food festival would be complete without a good wedge or two of cheese, which will be in abundance at Bath Abbey’s unique cheese festival. Sample everything from artisan ewe and goat’s cheese to more traditional cheese from across the region, all courtesy of the Fine Cheese Company.
- Demuth’s Vegetarian Cookery School, where experts in the craft demonstrate how to create delicious vegetarian and vegan meals and drinks.
- Urban Foraging with Christopher Robbins, where you can learn to find delicious edible sloe berries, mushrooms and blackberries even in Bath’s urban areas. Did you know, you can even forage for booze?
- Celebrity chefs such as Tom Kerridge, who will be presenting his Best Ever Dishes, and Italian cuisine specialist Anna Del Conte will be delivering much-anticipated culinary talks and demonstrations.
- Learn how to make bread in the Richard Bertinet Cookery School, where master French baker Bertinet leads a ‘teach-in’ evening packed full of culinary secrets, tips and tricks.
- Beer and Buildings, a walking tour with a difference, where CAMRA and RIBA have teamed up to show off some of the finest hostelries, coaching houses and historic drinking establishments Bath – a city known for its beautiful and historic architecture – has to offer.
- Green Park’s Urban Mushroom Farm, situated in Green Park Station, where one of the UK’s first Farmer’s Markets still runs every week to this day – a must-see on any visit to Bath in 2015.
It’s all going on in Bath this October, so foodie fans planning to visit during the Great Bath Feast 2015 better have somewhere to stay in the heart of the action – Bath Holiday Rentals have a range of properties for all group sizes located across the city, but they’ll fill up fast!